6/17/11

Another winner from a-england

A while ago I told you about the polishes I ordered from a-england. I really hated to take off Tristam, it was so pretty and it wore really well. But this is the cross I must bear as a nail polish hoarder.

Last night I took off Revlon Polished.
Revlon,Polished,Top Speed,pink,creme,sheer

This is from the Top Speed line. It took four coats to even out the streaks and get this degree of opacity but I quite like it.

Revlon,Polished,Top Speed,pink,creme,sheer

A nice subtle color with a little difference.

Prior to that I had on SpaRitual Health, Wealth & Happiness, which I ordered in the Aveyou.com 40% off flash sale. So happy I stumbled into that!
SpaRitual,Health Wealth Happiness,blue,purple,duochrome,shimmer

I am told (and my independent Googling confirms) that this is a dupe for Orly Royal Velvet. Just FYI.

SpaRitual,Health Wealth Happiness,blue,purple,duochrome,shimmer

Pretty. My only complaint is the formula - quite thin, so you need lots of coats to build opacity. But the coats aren't uniformly thin, so you end up with quite a bit of polish on the nail and that = chips. Also I would recommend a B3F top coat.

So back to a-england. After I took off Polished I wanted a little more color but I wasn't quite ready to go full purple holo with Lady of the Lake after wearing HW&H so recently. Instead I chose Guinevere, a dusty light purple creme.
a-england,Guinevere,purple,creme


a-england,Guinevere,purple,creme


a-england,Guinevere,purple,creme


This is two coats. Looking at my nails today, I could have done a third, but after four coats of HW&H and four coats of Polished I just couldn't bring myself to pile on the polish. Two is very sufficient for Guinevere. It dried super shiny with Seche Vite.

You couldn't pay me to say a word against a-england, however, I will say that if you have OPI Done Out in Deco, you might be okay without Guinevere. All I have is this weird NOTD picture with me holding a Moon Pie, but you can see the color so whatever:
OPI,Done Out in Deco,labeled swatch,purple,creme

I'm not sure how similar those look on your monitor and I haven't swatched them side by side, but in the bottle they are pretty twinny. DOiD is only slightly lighter that Guinevere.

Have you tried any of the a-englands yet? They're still offering free international shipping through the end of June, so now is a good time.

No comments: