1/9/10

Nails Of The Day: Sally Hansen Mint Sprint

Sally Hansen,Insta-Dri,Mint Sprint,green,creme,hand,labeled swatch

I own a couple of these Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes, and um...hm. I like the idea of a quick-drying polish that achieves complete coverage in one coat, but I am not a fan of the brushes on these babies. First of all, the brush stem is wide and flat -- too wide and flat to wipe excess polish off on the neck of the bottle. So, it's very difficult to control the amount of polish you have to work with. In addition to being pretty wide (which I don't mind, I ride for OPI's ProWide brush, although this is a ProWide and a half), the brush is thick and kind of jagged across the bottom. This is the first Insta-Dri I've tried, so perhaps my bottle of Mint Sprint just has a bummer brush. Still, it was hard to get the polish to look neat across the bottom of my nails, which annoys me. I suppose I should get used to it, however -- the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure colors and the new Rimmel range in the square bottles have similar brushes. So I guess it's the wave of the future. And as with anything, practice makes perfect.

Anyway: I love the color. This is what I put on this morning after removing OPI Pamplona Purple, which I did end up wearing to work on Thursday and Friday, and much as it pains me to tell you...I forgot to photograph it. The manicure fell apart really quickly because of all the cleaning and dishes I had to do after my sink backed up and overflowed...but that's a story best left for my regular blog at some point. There are no overflowing sinks in Happytime Nail Polish Land!

You can find Mint Sprint at drugstores, but hurry...it's a new release and from what I can tell, getting snapped up in a hurry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, I'm so not into mint green polishes. I just wish they would come up with another IT-color. Sorry. :(

midwestgrrl said...

Maybe it's all the ruckus caused by Chanel Jade that's making the minty greens so popular...I'm sure the nail polish world will find a new darling soon. What's next, I wonder...! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally hooked on blueish-grey right now, so I wouldn't mind if China Glaze made a creme that looks like Depend #170, for instance. ;)
(For pics, check out my blog.)