1/30/12

Recent NOTDs

Hi there!

Well I've had quite a long break, mostly because this winter has been exceptionally unkind to my cuticles. I even had a couple of fingers splitting and cracking with the dryness, and of course they looked absolutely hideous. I've posted pictures here where my cuticles weren't the best, especially in my camera's macro view, but there was no way I would have posted pictures of my nails in that condition. It was downright unappetizing, folks.

I turned to the wisdom of nail world for a solution. Word has it that Lanisoh lanolin is a sure fix for dry and painful cuticles, and it's absolutely true. I've been using a little bit each night before bed and sometimes during the day as well, and the improvement is remarkable. My hands still get dry right after a shower (hot water is not a friend to dry skin) and during the day, but I've had no more splitting and cracking. I just moisturize as usual and everything's much better.

If you want to use Lanisoh, there's no special trick to it, but be warned it is extremely thick and greasy until it is absorbed, so you won't want to handle anything for a while.

I thought I'd share some NOTD photos that I snapped with my iPhone over the last couple of weeks. They're not spectacular but they will mostly spare you from Cuticle Apocalypse 2012.

Laura Mercier Twilight
I bought this on impulse after Janice described it as an amped-up Paradoxal/Perplex. You can't see the subtleties in this Instagram photo, but it's much more lively than Paradoxal (I don't own Perplex), but it still has that smokiness.

OPI Fly
This is OPI Fly from the Nicki Minaj collection. It's greener in real life - again Instagram isn't spectacular for catching color accuracy. Formula on this was wonderful and I really enjoyed wearing it.

Essie School of Hard Rocks
I love colors like this lately...slightly dusty blues and greens...dark but not too dark. This was almost a one-coat wonder. Also contrary to what this picture might have you believe, I have not recently been jaundiced.

Revlon Whimsical over 10 Professional Pinky Promise
This was a huge favorite of mine; I hated taking it off. I had been half-heartedly looking for Revlon Whimsical but never saw it in any of the displays with the re-named Perplex and Facets of Fuchsia, so I kind of forgot about it until it turned up in a regular display at Rite Aid. Plus it was on sale for $3, so I caved. I LOVE IT, especially over Pinky Promise, which I'm now wishing I had a backup or even several backups of. It's the perfect perfect perfect pink sheer. So this is two coats of Pinky Promise alternated with two coats of Whimsical and topped with Seche Vite. I love it, it looked like a gel manicure.

Chanel Blue Rebel
Finally, my current NOTD. This is one of those colors I mentioned above, a dark dusty blue that's dark enough to be vampy but not so dark you can't tell it's blue. This is from the Les Jeans de Chanel collection, which I ended up really liking in spite of the furor that it's not unique enough to be special. Chanel knocked it out of the park with the formula on this and Blue Boy, though I can't speak to Coco Blue as I haven't used it yet.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with my sporadic "attendance"...with the help of Lanisoh I hope to be back in full action soon!

No comments: