5/12/11

Some recent NOTDs

Oh my, I haven't posted in forever. But I am still having a blog sale! I will bump that post up in the next day or so. 'Cause everything is still for sale.

I have a couple of posts brewing, one about lipstick and one about Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes, but I managed to finally take a couple of nail polish pictures recently so I'll do those first.

OPI Not Like the Movies was the only color I wanted from the Katy Perry collection (aside from Black Shatter anyway), but the whole collection sold out on Transdesign before I could order it. Then there was such a frenzy on the MUA nail board about fruitless searches at Ulta and other stores that I just figured why bother because I'd never get it. Of course, the furor died down and now it's pretty widely available online, so last week I ordered it from eBay.

Photobucket

There are, supposedly, two versions of this color: the original and the second or "dud." I thought I had the so-called dud, but a couple of women on MUA thought perhaps not, and anyway I really like it.

Photobucket


NLTM is a silvery sage and lavender duochrome with silver microglitter. It's very smooth on the nail, not gritty like a full-on glitter. The purple in the duochrome is not as strong on the nail as it looks in the bottle, but it is there. This is a very unusual color and I've received a couple of compliments on it.

Photobucket

Pretty.

I'm in a place with my Nail Polish Museum right now where I really want to winnow it down to colors I really like, aren't a pain in the ass to apply, and that I want to go back to again and again. It's fun to have lots and lots of polish but if I wear it once and then it sits in a drawer, what's the point? Hence the blog sale. I've also started returning to colors that I love, like Mmm...Vould You Like a Lick-tenstein?, which is the very first OPI that I ever bought.

Photobucket

It's more of a fall color, I think, but old formula OPI applies so marvelously. It's like a dream! A chemical-laden, semi-poisonous dream.

Photobucket

No comments: