5/30/11

Gaga, oh la la.

Last fall I ordered Deborah Lippman Bad Romance during Nordstrom's beauty preview sale. Nordstrom canceled the order for some reason and I never bothered to re-order.
Photobucket

Also, I'm not usually one to blanket boycott something just because the personality behind it occasionally acts like a jackass, but Deborah Lippman's "explanation" of Funky Chunky (a disaster of a polish in my opinion) turned me off. It is patently ridiculous to say that a big fat fail of a nail polish is designed to be worn "in a new way." Worn how, on your eyelids? It's nail polish, you only wear it one way. It's insulting for someone to tell me that *I* need to "put away [my] OLD ideas of how polish should look." Just admit that Funky Chunky looks like a melted tire on the nail and be done with it.

/rant

In any event, I saw some pictures of Bad Romance last week and decided to order it again, this time from WhatSheBuys.com. It arrived lightning fast and when I sat down to do my nails on Monday evening, I decided I couldn't wait to give it a try.
Photobucket

The base of the polish is black, but it's not an opaque black so I applied Bad Romance over OPI Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not.

I. Love. It.
Photobucket


I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of glitter polishes and in particular chunky glitters, but the varying sizes of glitter in this polish appeals to me.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Based on Bad Romance, I'm definitely going to get some more Lippman polishes and SOON. Just not the melted tire one.

No comments: