7/8/10

Essie Fall Collection preview, Chanel Paradoxal

Hello. I hope you had a happy 4th of July, if you're in the US. Otherwise I hope you had a delightful weekend.

My boyfriend and I went to IKEA over the weekend so I painted my nails a sheer shimmery pearl color. I figured when you're assembling a million parts into a single television stand you don't want something that shows chips easily. And I was right!

A while ago I ordered some things from Nordstrom's beauty preview sale, including the Essie fall minis. I've actually decided not to keep most of what I ordered, but I'll keep the Essies. They're quite compact for storage and this is a nice way to sample the fall collection.

Here are some quick pictures.
Essie,mini,Fall 2010


Photobucket

Limited Addiction, Sew Psyched, Merino Cool, Little Brown Dress. All are cremes except for Sew Psyched, which has a very pretty subtle shimmer.

When I swatched these, I used two coats on everything except Merino Cool, which required three. The formula was best on Limited Addiction, which could have been a one-coater; and Sew Psyched, which was nicely pigmented as well. Merino Cool and LBD were streaky with the first coat and had some pull at the cuticles, so next time I'll wait longer before applying additional coats.

I'm told Sew Psyched is not a dupe for Rescue Beauty Lounge's Diddy Mow, but I don't have that one to show you a comparison. However I did compare Merino Cool to a couple of other Essies.

Photobucket

Chinchilly, Merino Cool, Mink Muffs

And some quick swatches on the nail:
Photobucket

Chinchilly, Merino Cool, Mink Muffs. No duplicates here.

And here's my current manicure, to show you that my cuticles really aren't that awful looking.
Chanel,Paradoxal,shimmer,purple

I don't think this is the purple shimmer some people wanted it to be, but I really am developing a fondness for this weirdo. Kinda raisin-colored, kinda brown, kinda purple, it is indeed a paradox.

Also, you'd better believe that when we went to IKEA I brought home some friends.
Photobucket

Everything's so nice and organized now. Thanks for feeding my OCD, IKEA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this purchased recentl? I couldn't find it.

midwestgrrl said...

I purchased Paradoxal about a month ago; it is still available online at chanel.com. You could also try Chanel counters/boutiques or their 800 number.

The Essie set is a Nordstrom exclusive that I pre-ordered in July. It is still available online at Nordstrom's website for $17; or, you could wait until Essie releases their full-size Fall collection.

Hope that helps!