11/3/11

Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter

I just had to take a moment to rave about the new Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters.

I'm not what you'd call a lipstick junkie, I tend to stick to the few colors/products that really work for me, but I am a bit antsy about always having a lip balm close at hand. In the past few months I've tried Maybelline Baby Lips (not my favorite, although I did replace mine when I ran it through the washer and dryer recently) and I finally treated myself to a full-size version of the Murad Energizing Pomegranate Lip Protector that I received as a sample from Sephora a while back. (Trust and believe no one has ever wrung as much product out of a sample tube as I did in this case.)

Because I'm so hyper about lip balm, I really like my lip color to be as moisturizing as possible, too. Finding a lipstick that is moisturizing enough for me has been a bit of a challenge. I am very picky about this. I don't want the product to be too dry, but I want it to hold its color for a decent amount of time without bleeding or being all sticky.

So I was excited to try the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and wow am I impressed.
Tutti Frutti
These are packaged very nicely in slender silver tubes with a frosted overcap that matches the color of the product inside. There's a clear viewing window on the top of the tube, which is nice, because trying to judge the color by the little sticker on the bottom can be tricky.

These have a very faint vanilla - almost cake - scent to them, but not as strong as MAC lipsticks. The scent doesn't really stick with the product one it's on your lips, either.

Thus far I've picked up Pink Truffle, Red Velvet and Tutti Frutti, and I love all of them. Red Velvet, for me, is a more dramatic special occasion look but the other two are super flattering and wearable. All three of the shades I bought are cremes, but there are some shimmers in the range as well.

These wear amazingly well and feel very moisturizing and smooth on the lips. They're not overly sticky, goopy or at all like a gloss, but they're also not drying like a typical lipstick or stain. For a balm-type product, they are quite pigmented (particularly Red Velvet). I'm not actually sure what to call this product...it's too pigmented to call it a straight-up balm but it's more comfortable to wear than any lipstick I've ever tried.

My one - ONE - complaint is that the base of the tube is so narrow that it's a little clumsy getting the lid off. But that's a nitpick, because I love these so much.


I purchased Pink Truffle and Red Velvet at Rite Aid, where they rang up as $4.29 each, but when I bought Tutti Frutti at CVS they were marked $7.49, which is closer to what I've seen other people report. I guess I just lucked out at Rite Aid.

I love these. Love them. I will be incredibly sad when/if they're discontinued and I have frequently considered getting a backup of Pink Truffle, because that shade is wonderfully neutral and wearable for me and I've been wearing it a lot. More than my Cover Girl Hipster even, which is saying quite a bit.

Anyway, if it wasn't clear already: RECOMMEND.

2 comments:

H said...

MUST FIND. I haven't looked at my Walgreen's or CVS in awhile so I need to check again.

Sarah Sphar said...

When I found them at CVS they were in an endcap display away from both the regular Revlon display and the special cosmetic displays. The stand had the holiday nail colors in it too!